DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill/Driver Kit
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/martiala/public_html/buildingengineertraining.com/wp-content/plugins/star-rating-for-reviews/star-rating.php on line 475
DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill/Driver Kit
The ratings for this drill don’t lie! Out of 800 ratings, 640 are 5 star!
Imagine how you’ll feel when you stand back and admire your work, standing in the living room looking at the new shelves you just built and installed. Or maybe if you’re lucky, you’ll be enjoying a beer while admiring your handiwork.
I know it’s 2014, but this post went up at the end of 2013. And yes I know this model of the 18V DeWalt is kind of getting older. But with this drill, you aren’t beating:
- the durability
- the reputation
- the strength
- the price (53% off)
- the feeling of holding it
In this review of the DeWalt 18V Drill/Driver kit by yours truly (building engineer/serious DIYer), you should be able to find out if you could use this drill or if it would be too much. If you work hard, this drill will match you screw for screw.
People can’t mistake the quality of DeWalt tools. From it’s bright yellow color, to the smooth, comfortable grip, their tools are the standard in most labor trades likes electricians, engineers, mechanics, etc. They are also standard in the homes that do projects, build stuff, or garden.
Price: $89.00 & Free Shipping
You Save: $100.00 (53%)
Highlights of the DeWalt 18V Drill:
- Comes w/ 2 batteries, a charger, and it says a tool bag? (I didn’t get no bag!)
- 18 clutch/torque settings + 1 drive setting
- The familiar DeWalt brand – quality/price/reputation/color
- No chuck required – you can even put a new bit in one handed if you’re good like me.
- You might drill the shit out of your hand if you try to put in new bits with one hand like me.
- Pretty much will drill all materials – wood, metal, plastic, bananas. (oh you’re reading this?)
What you get in the DeWalt DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill/Driver Kit:
1/2-inch compact drill-driver, two 18-volt NiCAD batteries, one one-hour charger, and one contractor bag (I did not get a bag – nice cheaters.)
[testimonial id=’480′ template=’shortcode’]
Tech Specs of this DeWalt Drill (best drill imo):
- Compact size – it’ll fit into tight spots for the most part.
- Lightweight – you get tired less quickly. Bonus.
- High performance motor. As defined by who?
- Dual speed – 0-450 & 0-1,500 rpm.
- 1/2-inch single sleeve keyless ratcheting chuck
DeWalt 18 Volt Drill/Driver Kit Description:
DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill/Driver Kit packs a big punch in a small package. It has a powerful high-performance motor tucked away inside a compact design. This improves user comfort, especially when working in tight or cramped spaces.
This 18V drill from DeWalt is ideal for drilling and fastening into a variety of materials – wood, metal, and plastic. It can also be used for various applications like framing, cabinet installation, and HVAC work.
The DeWalt DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill/Driver Kit is a great foundation for any professional contractor or DIYer.
I have seen this DeWalt drill at pretty much every job I have ever been to. Way back, everyone had to have a Makita drill. At some point it switched to DeWalt. DeWalt has never looked back. From their classic yellow color to their grip and chuck design, I don’t know if anyone will ever really replace DeWalt.
Cordless and Compact
Its high-output motor and dual-speed capability maximizes efficiency for drilling and fastening applications, while its 9-inch length and 5.2-pound weight make it ideal for working in tight spaces and at awkward angles. The plastic 1/2-inch single-sleeve keyless ratcheting chuck provides a tighter bit grip for better bit retention and increased precision and accuracy. Two 18-volt NiCAD batteries are included with the DeWalt DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill/Driver Kit, as well as a one-hour charger and a contractor bag.
- The compact claim above – while this DeWalt tool (18V drill) is not as large as some other drills out there, it also isn’t the smallest. For them to claim that it will fit into the tightest of spots – meh.
- The lightweight claim above – same as the compact stuff. The DeWalt 18V drill is light but not as light as others. In this case though, there’s a trade-off. Quality & ruggedness.
As the drills and tools get lighter, the quality, ruggedness, & power all start to drop off too. Not with this DeWalt. It is kinda light, kinda heavy, and all work.
I think this drill would best serve tradespeople with serious home diy’ers a close 2nd. This drill will get through anything – pilot holes, sheet metal, spade bits. I really like it, DeWalt in general, because it just feels strong. DeWalt tools mean construction to me, hard work. I see the yellow and black, hear it winding up or down.
Amazon has this at over 50% Off
With Free Shipping!
Can you picture yourself getting all sorts of stuff done around the house finally?
- Fix the gate.
- Put up those shelves.
- Put those anchors up for the Xmas lights so they’re easier next year.
- Organize your garage or closet with one of those systems using it.
- Get your wife off your back cause you got her list done!
Again – you get the 18V DeWalt Drill, 2 batteries, a quick charger (less than an hour,) & a tool bag. Which you can ship to me. This tool from DeWalt is BY FAR the best drill as far as sales go on Amazon. It has over 800 total reviews. Nearly 640 of those are 5 star ratings, 130 are 4 star. Everyone pretty much agrees, this is the best drill out there. Best cordless drill of 2013. Best cordless drill ever probably.
[testimonial id=’482′ template=’shortcode’]